- Delaware one step closer to electing its first black woman to Congress
Lisa Blunt Rochester is looking to make history after winning the Democratic primary for Delaware's only seat in the House of Representatives.
- 10 days ago 14 Sep 16, 11:08am -
- Brandon Marshall loses endorsements because of anthem protest, Russell Simmons offers him a deal
After taking a knee during the national anthem last Tuesday, Brandon Marshall lost two endorsements, but he gained a new one from Russell Simmons.
- 10 days ago 14 Sep 16, 10:39am -
- Simone Biles reveals she has ADHD after medical records are hacked
On Tuesday, Simone Biles opened up about her struggles with ADHD after Russian hackers released the medical records of several U.S. Olympians.
- 11 days ago 14 Sep 16, 9:34am -
- Mom blames daughter’s suicide on university for not investigating rape
The mother of a New Jersey student who committed suicide is blaming the university her daughter attended for not properly investigating claims that she was raped.
- 11 days ago 14 Sep 16, 9:15am -
- Take MLK’s name out your mouth: An open letter to Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney
I understand why you said what you said Coach. Your statements reproduce a long history of folks, conservative and otherwise, positioning Dr. King as the palatable Christian alternative to unruly black protest...
- 11 days ago 14 Sep 16, 8:56am -
- Doctor says Hillary Clinton may have been ‘poisoned’ by Donald Trump
Bennet Omalu, the Nigerian doctor who inspired the Will Smith-starring film "Concussion," says he thinks Hillary Clinton is being poisoned.
- 11 days ago 14 Sep 16, 6:30am -
- Inciting violence is a white male privilege
When you are a white man in America, you can say what you want and, apparently, even incite violence. Case in point: Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin...
- 11 days ago 14 Sep 16, 6:07am -
- Lil Wayne: ‘There’s no such thing as racism’
In a recent interview, Lil Wayne denied the existence of racism, arguing that white people who attend his concerts are living proof that it's a thing of the past.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 4:08pm -
- Ed Gordon returns to primetime TV in a big way
Award-winning broadcast journalist, Ed Gordon, is returning to primetime TV with his own show and clear mission: cut through the noise to tell good stories.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 2:20pm -
- Korryn Gaines’ family to file lawsuit over ‘unconstitutional’ killing
The family of Korryn Gaines, the 23-year-old woman shot and killed by Baltimore police after a tense standoff, is planning to sue over her death.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 2:09pm -
- More than 3,000 people shot this year in Chicago
According to the Chicago Tribune, over the weekend in Chicago, 8 people were killed and 35 were wounded as the city passed another violent milestone: over 3,000 people have been shot this year.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 1:51pm -
- Record $15 million gift will help free innocent people from prison
The Ohio Innocence Project received $15 million to continue freeing people who were imprisoned for crimes they did not commit.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 1:20pm -
- Monica keeps it classy while addressing drama with Brandy
When asked about Brandy's perceived shade, Monica told "The Real" that she wasn't annoyed by her long-time rival.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 12:55pm -
- Interracial couple outraged over whites-only deed to house
An interracial couple in Texas were surprised when they saw that the deed to the home mandated that only white people could live in the house.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 12:34pm -
- Rapper Nelly hit with $2.4M tax lien by IRS
Rapper Nelly has been hit with a federal tax lien by the IRS for over $2.4 million, and is jeopardy of having assets and property seized.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 12:09pm -
- Nkrumah Pierre is a Leader of the New School
Nkrumah Pierre knows the value of an introduction.“They say that you never have to work a day in your life, when you do something that you love, something that you’re passionate about,” says Pierre. “So for me, connecting individuals …
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 12:05pm -
- High school’s ‘racist’ Trump wall prank met with apologies
The principal and the students of Colleyville Heritage High School apologized for a "racist" banner, depicting a Trump wall, at a pep rally.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 11:19am -
- Arrest made after Muslim woman is set on fire in New York
Police are investigating a possible hate crime after a man attacked a Muslim woman and allegedly set her on fire.
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 10:50am -
- West Virginia officer fired for not shooting at armed man
In May, Weirton police officer Stephen Mader was confronted with a man waving a gun and decided not to fire, because after assessing the situation he concluded that the man was trying to commit what is called "suicide by cop."
- 11 days ago 13 Sep 16, 10:21am -
- Family decides to sit during national anthem because of Confederate flag
A Utah police officer and his family sat out the national anthem at a demolition derby because the spectators were given a Confederate flag to salute.Daniel Argueta said that he and his family wanted to stand during the anthem …
- 12 days ago 13 Sep 16, 8:21am -
- ‘Black Rifles Matter’ sign offends visitors to Maine town
BOOTHBAY HARBOR, Maine (AP) — A Maine town's chamber of commerce has been receiving complaints from tourists regarding a large, hand-painted sign on a private lawn that reads "Black Rifles Matter."
- 12 days ago 13 Sep 16, 7:53am -
- Cop earns $120K on desk duty since chokehold death of Eric Garner
Daniel Pantaleo, the NYPD officer who killed Eric Garner with a deadly chokehold, saw a sizable pay increase while assigned to desk duty. The cop, who was not charged in the controversial death of the Staten Island father of six, reportedly earned $…
- 12 days ago 13 Sep 16, 7:18am -
- Beyoncé’s lead dancer surprised with proposal during ‘Single Ladies’ performance
During a concert in St. Louis, Missouri, Beyoncé yielded the stage so that the boyfriend of her lead dancer could ask Ashley Everett a very important question.John Silver took the mic and quickly gave the audience a rundown of …
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 4:03pm -
- School district sued after officer handcuffed 7-year-old hearing-impaired child
Kalyb Primm Wiley was 7 years old and weighed 50 pounds when in 2014 he was handcuffed by a school police officer.What’s worse, Kalyb was being bullied at the time because he is hearing-impaired, and when the officer, Brandon …
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 2:41pm -
- 400 students gather outside their cancer-stricken teacher’s house to serenade him
When students at the Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville felt impressed to sing to their ailing Latin teacher, Ben Ellis, who has been battling with cancer, 400 of them left classes and tests to go do just that.The …
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 1:11pm -
- HS football player suspended for kneeling like Kaepernick during anthem
A Massachusetts high school football player is claiming that he was suspended because he took a knee during the national anthem rather than standing, following in the footsteps of Colin Kaepernick, who started a nationwide discussion after he refused…
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 12:04pm -
- Mother of boy placed on wrong JetBlue flight says airline offered $10K ‘gift’
Just days after JetBlue shockingly misplaced Maribel Martinez’s 5-year-old son and put him on the wrong flight, she received a phone call offering her thousands of dollars as a “gift” from the airline.Martinez had made headlines after spendin…
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 10:54am -
- Teen who pretended to be a doctor arrested again after ‘fraudulently trying to buy a Jaguar’
A Florida teenager who is suspected of faking doctor credentials is going up against some new charges for allegedly trying to buy a luxury car fraudulently.Malachi Love-Robinson was taken into custody and charged on Friday with identity theft, among…
- 12 days ago 12 Sep 16, 10:44am -
- Cheney on Obama: ‘No American president has done more to weaken the US’
According to former vice president Dick Cheney, Obama has been successful at one thing during his tenure as president, and that is doing more than any president who came before him to “aid America’s adversaries.” He also accused Obama of …
- 13 days ago 12 Sep 16, 9:09am -
- Zoë Kravitz and other actresses are urging women to vote against Donald Trump
Zoë Kravitz and several other actresses have begun a campaign called “Women Can Stop Trump,” and they are determined to urge women everywhere not to vote for the Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump.A new PSA includes Amber Tamblyn,…
- 13 days ago 11 Sep 16, 4:03pm -
- ‘This is why black girls are angry’: Solange harassed by group of white women
Solange Knowles was harassed by a group of white women at a concert on Friday all because she decided to dance along with the music. And not surprisingly, she wasn’t happy about it, so she took to Twitter to vent …
- 13 days ago 11 Sep 16, 1:35pm -
- Florida deputies shoot black man in his own yard over ‘rusty pocket knife’
A black Pompano Beach resident was shot and killed by Florida sheriff’s deputies on Friday night all because he refused to put down a rusty old pocket knife.Gregory Frazier, 52, was shot by white deputies after a domestic altercation …
- 13 days ago 11 Sep 16, 12:19pm -
- Church ordered teenager to apologize to pastor’s wife after he raped her
On Thursday, a former youth pastor pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual battery and was sentenced to 10 years in prison after sexually abusing a teenage girl who was a member of the church where he volunteered.The abuse …
- 13 days ago 11 Sep 16, 11:00am -
- Lauryn Hill’s daughter, Selah Marley, walked in Yeezy Season 4
Selah Marley, the 17-year-old daughter of Lauryn Hill, is trying her hand at modeling this week, appearing not only in Vogue‘s 100 Ways To Wear Gucci spread but also in Yeezy Season 4.She looks absolutely stunning in …
- 13 days ago 11 Sep 16, 10:13am -
- Black Lives Matter, my mother and September 11th
When my mother was murdered on September 11, ‘Black Lives Matter’ wasn’t a saying or a movement yet...
- 14 days ago 11 Sep 16, 8:45am -
- Alleged J’Ouvert attacker says he was too drunk to remember killing victim
The 20-year-old man who allegedly shot a young woman during J’Ouvert said that he was too drunk to remember the attack.Reginald Moise has been charged with second degree murder in relation to the death of Tiarah Poyau, who was …
- 14 days ago 10 Sep 16, 8:02pm -
- Viral father and son picture sparks debate on ‘toxic masculinity’
Eric Owens didn’t realize he was going to spark a debate about masculinity when he posted a series of pictures with himself and his son.The images of Owens with his young son under his arm are undeniably adorable, but …
- 14 days ago 10 Sep 16, 2:19pm -
- ‘Get the f*ck out of America’: Trump supporter attacks Muslim women and their babies
A New York woman has been charged with a hate crime after she allegedly attacked two Muslim women who were simply out pushing their baby strollers.According to prosecutors, Emirjeta Xhelili allegedly approached the two women and began to yell …
- 14 days ago 10 Sep 16, 1:00pm -
- Russell Wilson On Kaepernick protest: “I love the flag”
Colin Kaepernick has sparked a national conversation after he protested by not standing for the national anthem because of the current state of affairs for people of color in the United States. Now, other athletes have been following his lead …
- 14 days ago 10 Sep 16, 11:08am -
- Mattress store closes shop after controversial 9/11 commercial
SAN ANTONIO — The owner of a Texas mattress store has closed his store after apologizing for what he called a “tasteless” advertisement promoting a 9/11 anniversary sale.The online ad for Miracle Mattress in San Antonio featured a woman …
- 15 days ago 10 Sep 16, 9:41am -
- Georgia officer charged with raping woman while transporting her to jail
A Georgia police officer was arrested on Tuesday after a woman claimed that he raped her while he was supposed to be transporting her to jail.The woman said that Former Riverdale police officer James Larry Robinson, who had …
- 15 days ago 10 Sep 16, 9:12am -
- This man’s performance on the subway will make your jaw drop
It’s not uncommon to find musical talent performing anywhere in New York City, but when music manager Danny Kang came across one man singing his heart out, he couldn’t help but stop to document the moment.Now with more than …
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 8:27pm -
- 14-year-old held on $1 million bond for allegedly shooting another teen
A 14-year-old boy, Tanorris T. Lee, has been charged as an adult for assault with intent to murder as well as three firearm offenses after a 17-year-old was shot five times on August 30.The victim was shot multiple …
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 8:02pm -
- Hundreds of Florida inmates riot to protest prison conditions
On Wednesday, a riot at Florida’s Holmes Correctional Institution left almost every single dorm damaged and saw more than 400 inmates involved in a revolt that lasted until early Thursday morning.Officers were called in from five different prison…
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 7:07pm -
- Jesse Williams helps to provide scholarships for students in need
Jesse Williams isn’t a Hollywood actor who speaks on issues in the black community from a removed frame of reference. Before making his mark as an actor, Williams was a high school teacher.He witnessed firsthand the disadvantages that students …
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 2:35pm -
- Erica Garner shreds NYC Mayor: ‘Just cause you love black p—y don’t mean you love black lives’
On Thursday, Erica Garner, daughter of Eric Garner called out Mayor Bill de Blasio for not releasing disciplinary records for Daniel Pantaleo, the police officer who put her father in the chokehold that led to his ultimately death.Garner …
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 1:12pm -
- San Francisco 49ers owner pledges $1M to improve ‘racial and economic inequality’
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York pledged $1 million to improving racial and economic inequality and building a stronger relationship between law enforcement authorities and the communities they serve...
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 1:10pm -
- College football players say they got suspended for school bookstore purchases
Several players on Charleston Southern's football team took to social media on Thursday night to report that more than 30 of them are facing suspension over purchases made at their school bookstore...
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 12:52pm -
- President Obama nominates Muslim-American attorney for federal bench
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has nominated a Washington, D.C., attorney for the federal bench. If confirmed, he would be the first Muslim American to serve as a federal judge...
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 12:44pm -
- Actor Ben Vereen accused of bigamy, reportedly spent 36 years married to two women
Ben Vereen has allegedly been married to two women for 36 years, and a judge is now urging him to settle his dispute with his first wife outside of court...
- 15 days ago 9 Sep 16, 12:29pm -