- newMillions worldwide join anti-Trump women’s marches
- 10 hours ago 22 Jan 17, 7:52am -
- newWashington University now offers a course on Kanye West
There is a brand new course for students to take at St. Louis’s Washington University. It’s called the “Politics of Kanye West: Black Genius and Sonic Aesthetics.”To date, 75 students have registered for the class. According to the …
- 15 hours ago 22 Jan 17, 2:30am -
- Trump scrubs civil rights, LGBTQ rights, climate change from WhiteHouse.gov
Watch President Donald Trump and follow his actions carefully. Even in the early days of his administration, he is telling you what he thinks about you and what he plans to do. A case in point: Those issues he removed …
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 2:59pm -
- Flight attendant gives shout-out to plane full of “Nasty women” headed to #WomensMarchOnWashington
One day after the inauguration of President Donald Trump, hundreds of thousands of protesters are coming to Washington, D.C. for the Women’s March on Washington.“Sister Marches are solidarity events inspired by the Women’s March on Washington,…
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 1:51pm -
- Former NFL player Ricky Williams frisked by police while taking a walk in Texas
On Friday, footage was released of former NFL star Ricky Williams being frisked by police while he was taking a walk in Texas.Williams was in Texas to attend the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award ceremony when police stopped him …
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 12:22pm -
- Michelle Obama’s ‘side-eye’ steals the show during inauguration
Yesterday, Barack and Michelle Obama left the White House as Donald and Melania Trump moved in, but if Michelle’s expressions are anything to go by, the transition was only “smooth” if you don’t count side-eyes.During a special Friday episod…
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 11:48am -
- White supremacist Richard Spencer sucker-punched during TV interview
While white supremacist Richard Spencer was giving a TV interview in Washington, he was sucker-punched by a protester.On Friday, Spencer was speaking about the anti-Trump protests and denouncing the violence he said was present in the protests when…
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 10:48am -
- Stormy weather sidetracks Obama plane from Palm Springs
Barack Obama and his family were all set for a vacation to Palm Springs on Friday, but unfortunately, their vacation got off to a rocky start as stormy weather diverted their plane.On Friday, after transitioning out of the White …
- 1 day ago 21 Jan 17, 10:02am -
- Obamas ask Americans to help shape presidential library in Chicago
After departing the White House, Barack and Michelle Obama are already working on their next project: the presidential library in Chicago.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 4:51pm -
- Meagan Good says Trump is ‘still a child of God’
Meagan Good shared her thoughts on America's newly inaugurated 45th president Donald J. Trump, who she acknowledges is "a child of God."
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 4:33pm -
- Yara Shahidi to star in ‘Black-ish’ spin-off
ABC is looking to create a spin-off for its hit series Black-ish, and the show would follow Yara Shahidi's character, Zoey Johnson, as she goes to college.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 3:15pm -
- Trump’s WhiteHouse.Gov axes civil rights, climate change, LGBT rights
As soon as Donald Trump was sworn in as the President of the United States, the whitehouse.gov website changed drastically.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 3:11pm -
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ alleged salaries revealed
Kandi Burruss is reportedly the highest-paid member of the cast of Real Housewives of Atlanta, while Porsha Williams is the lowest-paid.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 2:51pm -
- ‘House of Cards’ seems to address Trump: ‘Democracy is overrated’
House of Cards has released the promo for its fifth season, and it's no mistake that they released it on the same day as the inauguration.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 2:10pm -
- Obama bids farewell, Trump sworn in as 45th president
Pledging to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 1:32pm -
- Solange headlines anti-Trump ‘Peace Ball’
WASHINGTON (AP) — The main attraction, Solange Knowles, didn’t hit the stage until close to midnight, but the 3,000 or so enthusiastic guests packed into the National Museum of African American History and Culture weren’t going anywhere.It was…
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 1:17pm -
- The women behind ‘Black Girl Podcast’: ‘You can sit with us’
Within minutes, the interaction between Rebecca “Bex” Francois, Sapphira Martin, Alysha Pamphile, Gia Peppers and Deanii “Scottie Beam” Scott make one thing very apparent — they’re true-blue friends. They instantly fall into a natural rhy…
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 12:57pm -
- Angie Martinez inks deal to develop TV projects
Angie Martinez is moving beyond her role as the Voice of New York on Power 105.1 to sign her first ever TV development deal.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 10:02am -
- Anti-Trump protesters pepper-sprayed in Washington DC
Protesters against president Donald Trump clashed with police and Donald Trump supporters Thursday night in Washington.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 9:56am -
- Malia Obama lands Hollywood internship with Harvey Weinstein
Malia Obama is setting up an internship with Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who has been a huge Democratic supporter over the years.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 9:31am -
- Lil Mo tearfully defends Chrisette Michelle over Inauguration backlash
Lil Mo has come to Michelle's defense, suggesting that we should support her rather than tear her down.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 8:19am -
- Cuba Gooding Jr. files for divorce
Cuba Gooding Jr. has officially filed for divorce from Sara Kapfer.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 7:34am -
- President Obama in his final hours at the White House
President Barack Obama quietly closed out his presidency and prepared for life as a private citizen, as the country readied itself for Donald Trump.
- 2 days ago 20 Jan 17, 7:26am -
- Kamiyah Mobley knew she was kidnapped at birth nearly two years ago
Nearly two years before law enforcement came to tell Kamiyah Mobley that she had been kidnapped at birth, Mobley had already learned the truth for herself.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 6:06pm -
- Trump advisor banned blacks and ‘n****r music’ from his nightclubs
Reed Cordish, Donald Trump's pick to be assistant to the president for Intergovernmental and Technology Initiatives, is sued for racial discrimination.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 4:53pm -
- ESPN announcer compares Venus Williams to ‘gorilla’
During the Australian Open, ESPN’s Doug Adler compared Venus Williams to a gorilla while he was commentating on the match between her and Stefanie Voegele.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 2:26pm -
- Spike Lee bans Chrisette Michele from series over Trump performance
Spike Lee has decided not to use Chrisette Michele's music in his newest project after the singer agreed to perform at Donald Trump's inauguration.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 1:58pm -
- Michael Eric Dyson explains why Trump presidency is rooted in racism
Michael Eric Dyson appeared on CNN's "New Day" and laid it out for CNN host Alisyn Camerota: racism absolutely played a role in Donald Trump's election.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 12:05pm -
- Obama’s legacy? Black excellence and courage under fire
Four words from rapper Young Jeezy said so much to a generation: "My president is black."...
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 12:00pm -
- Serena Williams scolds reporter for calling her ‘scrappy’
Serena Williams won to advance to the third round at the Australian Open, and after the match, she also won against a reporter who criticized her performance.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 11:49am -
- Trump staffer says Kanye West not ‘traditionally American’ for inauguration
Presidential Inauguration Committee Chair Tom Barrack Jr. said Kanye West was not asked to perform because the inauguration is "traditionally American."
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 11:34am -
- ‘Our children can become president, too’: Obama’s presidency was a dream realized
Friday marks the end of an historic and improbable presidency of Barack Hussein Obama, the first black president of the United States...
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 11:30am -
- Advisers urge Trump to dance with Caitlyn Jenner at inauguration
Advisers close to President-elect Donald Trump want him to dance with Caitlyn Jenner at his inauguration.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 10:53am -
- Jennifer Holliday received death threats before canceling inauguration
Jennifer Holliday is no longer going to perform at Donald Trump's inauguration after extreme backlash she faced for the decision, including death threats.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 9:34am -
- Black people can now mark themselves ‘unsafe’ in America
Thanks to a tool started by the Black Lives Matter movement, black people can now mark themselves as "unsafe" in America.
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 9:14am -
- Chrisette Michele confirms inauguration performance, offered money to decline
Chrisette Michele is reportedly all set to sing at Donald J. Trump's presidential inauguration after trying to keep news of the performance "a big secret."
- 3 days ago 19 Jan 17, 6:30am -
- Watch: Americans who love the Affordable Care Act — but hate Obamacare
Jimmy Kimmel’s most recent “on the street” interviews have humiliated so many Americans who apparently still don’t realize that Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are the same thing.“We decided to ask this question again to see if Ameri…
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 4:34pm -
- Restaurant owner in hot water after MLK Facebook post
Sabrina Pyle, who owns Azle Café in Texas, admitted that she didn’t exactly think her Facebook post through when she posted on the social media site on Monday that there would be a Martin Luther King Day special of …
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 4:23pm -
- Shereé Whitfield reportedly owes almost $300k in tax liens
Over the past four years, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Shereé Whitfield has reportedly racked up almost $300,000 in tax liens.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 11:38am -
- Steve Harvey apologizes for offensive joke about Asian men
Last week, Steve Harvey made an offensive joke about Asian men, and he is now apologizing for he joke on Twitter.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 11:00am -
- Jim Brown: I’ll support Donald Trump despite voting for Hillary Clinton
Hall of Fame running back, Jim Brown, said that he would be giving Donald Trump his full support despite the fact that he voted for Hillary Clinton.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 10:37am -
- ‘White Men Can’t Jump’ remake in the works from ‘Black-ish’ creator
Kenya Barris, the creator of Black-ish, is bringing a remake of White Men Can't Jump to the silver screen.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 10:23am -
- Protester tries setting self on fire outside Trump hotel
A protester outside of Donald Trump's D.C. hotel tried to set himself ablaze to protest the election of a "dictator."
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 10:01am -
- Interracial couple gets harassed on date night
A disturbing video was posted to World Star Hip Hop Monday, showing a racist man harassing an interracial couple while they were on a date.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 9:42am -
- Internet sensation Andrew Caldwell threatens to sue Kim Burrell
Andrew Caldwell is coming after Kim Burrell.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 9:15am -
- Secret Service settles racial discrimination lawsuit
The Dept. of Homeland Security and Secret Service agreed to settle a class-action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in promotion practices.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 6:30am -
- Anita Baker announces retirement from music
Fans of Anita Baker can stop holding their breaths for any new music, as it turns out she's retired.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 6:30am -
- Bill would let women sue doctors who perform their abortions
Iowa lawmakers consider a bill allowing a woman who gets an abortion to sue the doctor who performed the procedure if she experiences emotional distress.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 6:30am -
- Trump meets with Supreme Court candidate
President-elect Donald Trump met with a potential Supreme Court nominee, less than two weeks before announcing his choice for the nation's highest court.
- 4 days ago 18 Jan 17, 6:30am -
- Trump takes credit for jobs he didn’t help save or create
General Motors announced on Tuesday that it would be investing $1 billion in its U.S. plants and either creating or retaining 1,500 jobs. And Donald Trump wasted absolutely no time in taking credit for it.“With all of the jobs …
- 5 days ago 17 Jan 17, 7:00pm -