- newSteph and Ayesha Curry lip sync the ‘Banana’ song with Michelle Obama
Friday, First Lady Michelle Obama reminded us just how goofy she can be.
- 6 hours ago 13 Feb 16, 10:18am -
- newDetroit police sergeant’s FB post compares Beyoncé’s dancers to KKK
A Detroit police sergeant's Facebook post has now sparked an internal investigation after the sergeant compared Beyoncé and her dancers to the KKK.
- 7 hours ago 13 Feb 16, 9:00am -
- newPro-life group apologizes for ‘Hands up, don’t abort’ campaign during Black History Month
A pro-life student group at Purdue University has apologized for a controversial campaign against abortion that used the "hands up; don't shoot" slogan from Black Lives Matter protests and changed it to "hands up; don't abort."
- 8 hours ago 13 Feb 16, 8:43am -
- newCollege volleyball star Ty Laporte, 23, dies in car accident
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — University of Mississippi volleyball player Ty Laporte has been killed in a two-car accident a few miles south of the Tennessee state line...
- 20 hours ago 12 Feb 16, 8:14pm -
- newBeyoncé’s stylist Ty Hunter is taking selfies to the next level with ‘Ty-Lite’ case
Beyoncé longtime stylist Ty Hunter is embarking on a business of his own, with his latest style innovation, the Ty-Lite...
- 22 hours ago 12 Feb 16, 6:20pm -
- Malcolm Jamal-Warner defends Raven-Symoné: She speaks from her heart
Malcolm Jamal-Warner defends his former 'Cosby Show' cast mate Raven-Symoné...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 3:35pm -
- President Obama gives Valentine’s Day message to Michelle on ‘Ellen’ and it’s adorable
The presidential puns were flowing and so was the love. President Obama sent wife Michelle a special Valentine's Day message during an appearance on Ellen this week...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 2:41pm -
- Naomi Campbell slays as surprise in Kanye West’s fashion show
Naomi Campbell made a surprise appearance in Kanye West's fashion show, and she absolutely slayed...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 1:28pm -
- T.I. says Beyoncé ‘Formation’ backlash is ‘Un-American’
T.I. is totally here for Beyoncé, and he's also here to support the message that she brought to her Super Bowl 50 halftime show performance...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 1:03pm -
- Ciara breaks down what abstinence with Russell Wilson really means: ‘we get to hug and kiss’
Ciara recently sat down with 'Cosmopolitan' to talk about her vow of abstinence with Russell Wilson, and she admitted that it's hard sometimes to keep that vow...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 12:46pm -
- Taylor Swift calls out Kanye West for ‘misogynistic’ lyrics in new song, West responds
Kanye West's latest album is already stirring up controversy, this time for the "misogynistic" message involving Taylor Swift.
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 12:29pm -
- Police officer celebrates Black Lives Matter activist’s suicide: ‘Love a happy ending’
FAIRBORN, Ohio (AP) — Officials say an Ohio police officer is being put on paid leave over a Facebook comment about a Black Lives Matter activist who killed himself on the Statehouse steps...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 12:19pm -
- Violence against the black community gives me fear about becoming a black mom
As a black feminist, February marks the beginning of my two favorite cultural awareness months of the year: Black History Month and Women’s History Month, which starts in March. This time each year, I reflect on the enormous contributions of …
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 11:16am -
- Rep. John Lewis comes for Bernie’s civil rights activism in 1960s: ‘I never saw him’
COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) — Civil rights leader John Lewis on Thursday dismissed Sanders' claims of his 1960s work on racial equality, saying, "I never saw him. I never met him."
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 10:05am -
- Officer who killed unarmed man in stairwell convicted of manslaughter
NEW YORK (AP) — A newly-hired police officer who shot an unarmed man dead in a darkened public housing stairwell was convicted Thursday of manslaughter in a case closely watched by advocates for police accountability...
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 7:48am -
- Virginia school district nixes video on race, discrimination after criticism
GLEN ALLEN, Va. (AP) — A school district in Virginia has decided not to use a video about race and affirmative action after it made students uncomfortable and drew criticism from parents who called it "white guilt."
- 1 day ago 12 Feb 16, 7:30am -
- Missing woman’s last call: ‘Some old guy’ is chasing me
The mother of a missing woman in Tacoma, Washington, says her daughter described an older guy chasing her when they last talked on the phone...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 9:46pm -
- Student threatens to smash classmate’s laptop over Trump sticker, altercation ensues
Two St. John’s University college students got into an altercation because one of them had a Trump sticker on her laptop...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 7:55pm -
- Officer who fatally shot man during foot pursuit suing city because he was eventually fired
COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — A former police officer is suing a Mississippi city after he was fired for his role in a fatal death...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 5:49pm -
- Study reveals white adults associate black kids as young as 5 with criminality
According to a recent study, white people are more likely to identify a black child's toy as a gun, as well as being more likely to identify a white child's gun as a toy.
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 2:48pm -
- Kanye West reveals fourth title for his upcoming album: ‘The Life of Pablo’
Kanye West has revealed a new title for the album set to premiere on Thursday night in New York before it is released to the world, and since the title was released on Wednesday, it might just be the final version.
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 2:29pm -
- Michelle Williams responds to throwback video of Destiny’s Child stage fall
More than a decade ago, Michelle Williams took a nasty tumble while performing "Soldier" with Destiny's Child on 106 and Park, but still today, Williams is again having to defend her performance abilities...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 2:18pm -
- Beyoncé’s near fall at the Super Bowl is now ‘The Beyoncé Bounce’
During her epic performance at the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, Beyoncé had a moment of stumbling and nearly fell, however you popped right up and slayed.
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 1:33pm -
- Why Flint’s water crisis should give death penalty supporters pause
Having represented a death row prisoner who grew up in Michigan -- who I am firmly convinced might not have committed his crimes had he not been subject to lead poisoning during his formative years -- I strongly encourage all death penalty supporters…
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 12:36pm -
- Cleveland sues Tamir Rice’s family over unpaid ambulance bill
CLEVELAND (AP) — The city of Cleveland is asking Tamir Rice's estate to pay $500 for ambulance and medical services he received after being shot by a police officer...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 11:47am -
- Raven-Symone says she was hit and shoved off red carpet to make room for Kendall Jenner
Raven-Symoné said that while she was on the red carpet for 'Zoolander 2' she was shoved to make room for Kendall Jenner...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 10:27am -
- Meryl Streep defends all-white film festival jury: ‘We’re all Africans really’
BERLIN (AP) — The Berlin International Film Festival became embroiled in the debate about diversity in the movie industry Thursday, with jury president Meryl Streep dismissing questions about the all-white panel by telling reporters that "we're all…
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 9:42am -
- Wife of NBA assistant coach Monty Williams dies in car accident
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (AP) — The wife of Oklahoma City Thunder assistant coach Monty Williams has died from injuries suffered in a car crash...
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 8:30am -
- Justice Department sues city of Ferguson to force police reform
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department enters its court fight against the city of Ferguson with the apparent upper hand, given a months-long investigation that found vast problems in the way police and courts treat poor people and minorities in t…
- 2 days ago 11 Feb 16, 7:50am -
- School board member kicks off Black History Month by saying blacks are own worst enemy
An Elgin school board member kicked up controversy with a Black History Month Facebook post that many are calling racist, with some even calling for the board member's resignation.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 7:03pm -
- Idris Elba splits from mother of his son amid allegations he’s dating Naomi Campbell
Idris Elba has reportedly split from his longtime girlfriend and the mother of his son, Naiyana Garth...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 4:17pm -
- Tomi Lahren to Beyonce: Your husband was a drug dealer, worry about that
Conservative TV host Tomi Lahren thinks Beyonce (and black people who fight for social justice in general) need to stop playing victim.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 4:00pm -
- ‘Sorry’ note found next to shooting victim’s body, woman arrested
A woman who authorities say shot a man and left his body outside her apartment has been arrested.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 3:22pm -
- ‘Family Feud’ contestant speaks out about epic fail that went viral
Sheila Patterson's nerves got the better of her when she was on "Family Feud," and the resulting video is the latest viral hit to sweep the Internet.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 2:38pm -
- Serena Williams helps build school in Jamaica
Serena Williams is helping to build a school in Jamaica.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 2:11pm -
- Former Black Panthers react to Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance
Beyoncé slayed at Super Bowl 50. But her Black Panther-themed performance has led to some harsh reactions from many, including former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 2:03pm -
- Boy dies after relative’s hoverboard fall caused gun to discharge
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say an 18-year-old lost his balance on a hoverboard and accidentally shot his 13-year-old cousin in the back of the head...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 12:37pm -
- Future Responds to Ciara’s $15 million lawsuit: ‘It’s absurd’
Future doesn't think much of the $15 million lawsuit Ciara has leveled against him, especially because he's not the only one who's been casting shade in their relationship...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 12:10pm -
- Wendy Williams disses Ciara over Future lawsuit: ‘he should have been a drive-by’
Wendy Williams thinks Ciara is playing the victim with her recent lawsuit against her ex, Future.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 12:03pm -
- Jada Pinkett-Smith sounds off on Idris Elba Oscar snub
Jada Pinkett-Smith is speaking out about another Oscar snub, this one against Idris Elba.
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 11:44am -
- Delaware governor to sign resolution apologizing for slavery
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Gov. Jack Markell will sign a resolution apologizing for Delaware's role in slavery and wrongs committed against blacks during the Jim Crow era...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 10:53am -
- Raven-Symoné calls Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ video ‘hilarious,’ gets attacked by the Beyhive
Raven-Symoné is stirring up controversy again, and this time, she's messing with Beyoncé...
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 9:40am -
- Kanye West: Bill Cosby is ‘innocent’
On Tuesday, Kanye West took to Twitter to shock some more people. This time, it wasn’t a beef with Wiz Khalifa or a fake cover for Rolling Stone but a declaration of apparent support for Bill Cosby.“BILL COSBY INNOCENT!” …
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 8:47am -
- Omari Hardwick says Denzel Washington and family saved him from homelessness
When actor Omari Hardwick first got to Hollywood, he was a substitute teacher and high school football coach who moonlighted as a firefighter. He turned down the chance for a full-time firefighting job for what he thought was a big …
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 8:36am -
- White House: Economy is improving for African-Americans, but more work is needed
The U.S. economy is improving, and African-Americans have made inroads since the Great Recession, but there is more work to be done in pursuing racial equality.That was the message from key cabinet members on the progress of the economy …
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 8:00am -
- Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump win big in New Hampshire
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (AP) — Bernie Sanders won a commanding victory over Hillary Clinton in the New Hampshire primary, and Donald Trump also scored a big win in a triumph of two outsider candidates who have ridden a wave of voter frustration w…
- 3 days ago 10 Feb 16, 7:49am -
- Marshawn Lynch hasn’t spent any of the $50MIL he’s made in the NFL
Marshawn Lynch knows how to save money. He's made nearly $50 million in his NFL career, but he hasn't spent a cent of it.
- 4 days ago 9 Feb 16, 7:56pm -
- Austin cop fatally shoots naked black teen
On Monday, an Austin police officer shot and killed a black 18-year-old who was naked and reportedly acting erratically at the time. Now, the NAACP is questioning whether or not the shooting was legal.
- 4 days ago 9 Feb 16, 7:27pm -
- Man charged with being married to three women after wife catches him on Facebook
A Florida man was arrested after it was discovered that he had been married to three women at the same time.
- 4 days ago 9 Feb 16, 7:08pm -
- Red Lobster sales skyrocket after shout-out in Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
The day after Beyonce dropped "Formation," Red Lobster sales skyrocketed up 33%.
- 4 days ago 9 Feb 16, 6:34pm -